ACTIVE TOUR CONSULTANT + ADMIN
We are committed to our guests having a brilliant time, and that responsibility rests on the shoulders of all of us.
- Age 30 or above
- Accounting background is preferable
- Location independent, happy to work from home
- Highly disciplined
- Thorough understanding of our active products
- Understanding guest requirements and connecting them with right product
- Working with product cost sheets
- Managing sales pipeline efficiently
- Working with 3rd party booking software: booking management and payment collection
- Working with pre-departure information booklet and tour dossiers
- Guest servicing: pre-tour, during tour and post-tour feedback
- Working with our industry partners/vendors/unit offices for tour operations
- Acting as company admin and managing company accounts
Please fill the below application form telling us more about you and why you think you’d make an awesome active travel consultant and admin at ABT.
TOUR GUIDE – FREELANCE
This is not a job. Expect this to be an extended vacation.
The most visible and important role at ABT is the one played by a Trip Leader. If you love to meet new people, have a natural flair for history, art & culture and an enthusiasm for cycling, this may be your calling.
We are committed to our guests having a brilliant time, and that responsibility rests on the shoulders of all of us. The trip leaders are expected to provide our guests fun and knowledgeable company in an easy-going, un-imposing way. Leaders must be extremely organized, flexible, able to master trip logistics, manage finances, represent Art of Bicycle Trips to hotels and subcontractors, educate guests on safe biking skills and techniques, enrich their understanding of an area’s history, culture, and geology, motivate guests who wish to challenge themselves and provide a stimulating experience for everyone. Leaders will be necessarily upholding the legendary service and attention to detail – this means proactiveness in problem solving and reacting effectively to resolve situations.
In a day, a Trip Leader must be able to change many hats, depending on the need of the hour. The day can start as early as 6am, sometimes ending past midnight. The day might include, wrenching on the bike to creating gourmet picnics and speaking with confidence on the local culture. From a biking point of you, the leader is supposed to lead the trip from front and ride with guests all the time.
As challenging as being a Trip Leader may sound, the rewards are monumental. It entails leading a unique and enriching life by meeting a diverse set of people, travelling to various parts of the country and not being bound by a cubicle. It hones leadership skills and ability to manage the business trip efficiently.
Out of all the roles, a trip leader’s is the one marked by a range of skills. To apply for this, one must be proficient in ALL of the below:
- Avid and experienced cyclist
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Make an affable and superior host
- Solution – oriented and resourceful
- Culturally Knowledgeable or Willing to Learn
- A thorough professional
- Be cognizant of safety on the roads
- Responsible with finances
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Should have thorough knowledge of the mechanics of the cycles
- Physically competent
- Exudes energy
Please fill below application form telling us more about you and why you think you’d make a great ABT Leader.