Biking & Walking – What to Expect
Your Purchase is Reliable & Secure
✓ Immersive Journeys
✓ 100% Service Assurance
✓ Local Expertise
✓ Reliable Support
✓ Best Local Price
You can choose your accommodation as Premiere or Casual Inns for our trips. All options are personally reviewed and experienced by us and ensure that you are comfortable after a hard day on the wheels.
Premiere accommodations include some of the most prestigious hotels. These are hotels, which have won accolades, awards or have been acclaimed as ‘ the best’ by credible publications such as Condé Nast Traveler and Travel+Leisure. Heritage properties, art décor contemporary places or chic boutique stays that are a notch above the rest are a part of this list. Restored palaces, resorts on the edge of the backwaters or a plush Swiss tent in the middle of the jungle; these inns provide an unforgettable experience. Here, you can expect spa experience, swimming pools and excellent service.
True to their heritage and character, small luxury and boutique hotels that reflect local ethos are listed as Casual Inns. They hold within them, an unassuming charm and regional character that is an extension of the destination itself. Most of them fall under 3 star category with possible mix of homestay and 4 star.
When you have a road and the thrill of a journey ahead of you, it’s imperative to have a good bike to enjoy it. At Art of Bicycle Trips, our fleet consists of Scott hybrid, Trek, Giant, Marin: these are some of the best in the cycling tour industry and perfect maneuver through any terrain that you may encounter in India & Asia. Sturdy helmets and the bikes are included in the cost of each trip.
For India trips, we use mix of Scott, Giant & Marin bikes (hybrid or mountain depending on a terrain). For Outside India trips, we use mainly Trek and Giant bikes. Please check with your Tour Consultant on a bike that is provided in your tour.
Now we have new age Giant and Scott e-bikes available in Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia & Sri Lanka. More ways to rejoice and ride together!
Scott – Sportster (hybrid bike), available only in India and included in your trip price
The Sportster emphasizes comfort and convenience for touring and transportation. The frame design offers the user a smooth ride and plenty of standover clearance for safety and confidence.
Itineraries that are designed to reveal region’s diverse culture, heritage and countryside. An extensive research, backed by first-hand experience of all elements by us, makes an itinerary from ordinary to extraordinary. And yes like you all, we do prefer to ride inn-to-inn with minimal shuttle.
Our tour designers give as much focus on non-cycling activity as on cycling.
Local food plays an integral part in experiencing the culture of region and we make sure that you get plenty of this.
Logistics & Guiding
Our most visible and perhaps most important role is played by a Trip Leader, the folks who make a trip exciting, comfortable, knowledgeable and who are able to steer you towards the real experience! In most of the trips, we have two guides riding with you. One is leading the group of riders and other is closing at the back.
Comfortable Support Van
A Van follows the group of riders throughout the trip and carries all belongings. If at any point riding seems a little hard, the van takes you for as long or as little as you wish it to. It also provides you refreshments along the way and sometimes a chilled beer.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- All hotels, as mentioned in the tour details
- Meals as per itinerary
- On each trip guests are given the opportunity to dine on their own so that they discover a location independently. Your guides are happy to make recommendations should you so desire.
- A Van support that follows throughout the trip and carries all belongings
- Bike with helmet
- Expert Trip Leader(s) who look after your every need
- Refreshments & mineral water while cycling
- Entrance fees to most of the monuments and temples. Please check your itinerary here.
- Domestic train or air travel (if part of tour itinerary)
What’s Not Included
- Transportation to and from the trip including airfare, airport pickup/drop or train travel
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Personal items purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included (check your itinerary)
- Gratuities for your Trip Leader(s) are not included in your trip price. Industry standard is 7.5-10% of your trip price for the guide team. Local currency is preferred and unless you want to tip separately, guides will divide tips amongst themselves.
- Normally, we suggest an amount of US $10-15 per person per day for biking guide, $5-7/person/day for driver and about $2-3/person/day put in the Kitty for other local service at tour hotels and group meals and for local culture/nature guide(s).
- If your group size is more than 4 people then you can also take above suggestion as per couple instead of per person.
- Finally, please tip your guides at your discretion, based on their level of professionalism, guest care and service as it varies in good deal from one culture to another. Above is a recommendation as per industry standard and outlook.
- For a particular country that you are traveling to, please get in touch with your tour consultant to understand local tipping guidelines.